It’s that time again: Valentine’s Day. Whether your celebrating with a special someone, your best pal, or you’re going solo this year, I’ve got dessert covered for you.
Nothing screams Valentine’s day more than chocolate, am I right? I can’t think of any other day where chocolate is MORE appropriate than Valentine’s Day. With that in mind, I present my Chocolate Orange Mug Cake. You couldn’t find an easier cake to make. You can mix everything in one bowl, divide it up between two mugs, and after a quick 70 seconds in the microwave you’ve got dessert! And trust me- this cake does NOT taste like it was cooked in a microwave. It’s light and fluffy with a subtle orange flavor, with just a few chocolate chips for some added texture. You’ll want to save this recipe for those middle of the night chocolate cravings as well.
Chocolate Orange Mug Cake
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium size bowl, place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, oil, zest, and juice.
- Mix liquid into dry ingredients, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 2 mugs evenly.
- Microwave each mug separately for 70 seconds.
- Cake has never been easier to enjoy! Happy Valentine’s Day!