Merry Christmas everyone! I was hoping to share many more cookie recipes over the past few weeks, but I just haven’t had much time! I did want to share one of the best – most fantastic – classic cookie that may have EVER existed. The perfect butter cookie. These cookies are SOLID. They’re not vanilla, they’re not a sugar cookie. They are the most perfect, rich, soft texture, classic butter cookie. The hard boiled egg is the secret to make an extra tender cookie! This cookie is indulgence, yet not heavy. The little sprinkle of fleur de sel will make you just wanna keep going for another (the same way a potato chip does!). This was proven true after I made these at home- my boyfriend and I topped them off within two days… but its Christmas! So calories technically don’t count right now!
Perfect Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter, cold
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 yolks, hard boiled
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- fleur de sel garnish
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, and salt.
- Once creamed, add egg. Scrape down sides.
- Pass hard boiled yolks through a fine mesh sieve, then add to the batter. Add flour last, little by little.
- Do no overmix- once flour is combined, turn mixer off and scoop out dough.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and press down to form a disk.
- Freeze dough for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from freezer, preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Between the parchment, roll dough to ½ “ thickness. Use a 2 ½ “ round cookie cutter to punch out as many cookies as you can. You may roll and reuse dough until there is none left.
- Place dough 1” apart from eachother on a cookie tray fitted with parchment.
- Sprinkle a little fleur de sel on top of each cookie.
- Freeze for 10 minutes on cookie tray, then bake for 10 minutes.Remove from oven, cool to room temp and enjoy!!