Milk 2-3 cups (to blend)
Ice Cube Trays 3
In a large sauce pot, heat cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and malt powder on medium high heat. In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and egg yolks.
Chocolate Malted Milkshake
- 2 cups cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup malt powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2-3 cups milk (to blend with)
- 3 ice cube trays
- In a large sauce pot, heat cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and malt powder on medium high heat. In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and egg yolks.
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. Have a separate metal bowl with a fine mesh strainer attached ready for cooling down the custard.
- When cream mixture heats up (do not boil), temper in egg yolk/cocoa powder mixture. Pour everything back into the pot and cook at medium high heat, whisking semi-aggressively until mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Quickly remove from heat and pour over strainer into prepared metal bowl. Then set that bowl in the ice bath and lightly whisk to cool down.
Lightly spray ice cube molds with a cooking spray.
- Once custard base is cooled down, pour into each cavity of the mold. Freeze for 4+ hours.
- Remove frozen custards from trays and put into blender. Add milk and blend on high.
- You may need more or less milk to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into glass, top with whipped cream and drink up!